Shaheen specialises in litigation and joined Lincoln & Rowe from a top 20 law firm. Shaheen advises clients on all areas of contract management and contract disputes, specialising in alternative forms of dispute resolution. She has experience of arbitration, adjudication and meditation as well as advising on matters relating to breaches of contract, damages and fiduciary duties. Shaheen has worked in-house and in private practice making her familiar with the intricacies of a commercial entity and the legal and commercial challenges they face.
Shaheen’s recent cases include:-
- Advising a defendant contractor in a $1-billion arbitration relating to an offshore oil and gas pipeline. Shaheen put forward a robust defence on relating to defective design and compliance with local regulations which led to the eventual settlement of the case.
- Acting for a contractor in a multi-million dollar arbitration relating to a wind turbine project in Trinidad. In particular, advising on a failure to adhere to milestones under the contract and damages emanating from breaches of contract. Shaheen was responsible for dealing with this complex dispute and her witness statement proved to be a key document at the hearing.
- Advising a defendant in relation to a final account claim under the insolvency rules. Shaheen advised the client to mediate the case, which proved to be the most cost-efficient way of resolving the dispute.
- Shaheen has extensive experience in the e-disclosure process, and has managed e-disclosure on two major disputes each involving hundreds of thousands of documents.
- Advising a client on the professional duties of several of her advisors. Shaheen was required to implement a strategy for each of the parties and the timing of when to pursue them for damages.